MIXERS: ANALOG OR DIGITAL?

This topic is for posting general questions and answers related to the info found in the High Fidelity Audio section above to KEEP THAT FORUM CLEAN! Only instructions, diagrams and schematics will be posted in the above section. PLEASE POST All YOUR QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS RELATED TO MODS SHOWN IN THE HIGH FIDELITY AUDIO SECTION HERE!
521 Houston
WWPDX MEMBER

MIXERS: ANALOG OR DIGITAL?

Post by 521 Houston »

After browsing a few websites and E-Bay, it appears there is a lot more to be considered in buying a mixer than just size and price. This is the start of a guide to help others with their equipment selections by the type of station they wish to run, as well as the functionality of the mixer they choose.

I have seen mixers with compressors, equalizers, effects, and lots more.

I am also seeing digital and analog mixers - which I am hoping that one of our experts will explain the difference in the two and which is the better for radio applications.

I am also assuming that possibly there is a consideration on the digital/analog choice if you are interfacing your equipment to your computer?

Experts, here's your chance to show your knowledge!

Give us some choices, and please explain WHY you choose that particular mixer, as far as features, equipment installed to, digital or analog, etc....

Thanks! Once the data is gathered, it will be composed into a MIXER GUIDE and transferred to the other section for reference.
Reverend Bow
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by Reverend Bow »

I use a Behringer MX-602A (I believe the current model is the 802)

For the needs of radio, anything you can get at a bargain price is the best thing to use. The Behringer's are inexpensive and preform quite well in an RF environment.
Reverend Bow

Quality Audio Mudduck Ministry

Bastard Modulation Engineeringâ„¢

Return to “>>> HIGH FIDELITY AUDIO Q and A <<< POST QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS HERE!”