Powermic for keying

This topic is for posting general questions and answers related to the info found in the High Fidelity Audio section above to KEEP THAT FORUM CLEAN! Only instructions, diagrams and schematics will be posted in the above section. PLEASE POST All YOUR QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS RELATED TO MODS SHOWN IN THE HIGH FIDELITY AUDIO SECTION HERE!
Woodbutcher637
WWPDX MEMBER

Powermic for keying

Post by Woodbutcher637 »

I just got this neat little microphone called a "sharpshooter" made by "superstar". It fits nicely in my hand and I was thinking this would be perfect to use on my rci-2980 thats direct-injected for keying. My question is, since its a power mic, couldnt I just remove the battery?
grasshopper
WWPDX ADMIN

Re: Powermic for keying

Post by grasshopper »

Yea you could, you could also wire any kind of switch such as a toggle switch to key it also.
Woodbutcher637
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by Woodbutcher637 »

Thanks grasshopper for the quick reply. I have an old mic that I had wired awhile back for keying/inserting rackgear through front mic jack, but since direct-injecting shortly after that, have been looking for a decent looking, comfortable switch to use. When I seen this mic, ($3 at flea Market) I knew it would fit right in. Surprisingly its decent used as a mic too. The all metal body gives it some weight and feel of quality switch. Being able to just pull out the battery (7 volt) seemed to easy a solution.
Attachments
SharpShooter Mic2.jpg
SharpShooter Mic2.jpg (3.49 MiB) Viewed 2007 times
SharpShooter Mic.jpg
SharpShooter Mic.jpg (2.82 MiB) Viewed 2007 times
Goldfinger
Site Maintenance

Post by Goldfinger »

For awhile, Doc Adams used one of these:

:mrgreen: :lol:
wwpdx
wwpdx.com

Return to “>>> HIGH FIDELITY AUDIO Q and A <<< POST QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS HERE!”