hifi rci 2980wx

This topic is for posting general questions and answers related to the info found in the High Fidelity Audio section above to KEEP THAT FORUM CLEAN! Only instructions, diagrams and schematics will be posted in the above section. PLEASE POST All YOUR QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS RELATED TO MODS SHOWN IN THE HIGH FIDELITY AUDIO SECTION HERE!
2510gutbuster
WWPDX MEMBER

hifi rci 2980wx

Post by 2510gutbuster »

I have ran into a odd situation, My 2980wx has the same board number as my 959 does, board # EPT690011D. I am doing a hifi mod to the 2980wx same as I done the 959 BUT at location C185 where I am suppose to replace with a 2.2uf non polarized cap, there is a resistor where a cap is labeled. It says C185, but there is a resistor instead of a mylar car. Is this due to the weather band since C185 is in the receive circuit. the concern I have is the function of a cap and a resistor are totally different should I replace the resistor that is in the C185 location with a cap. Thank you.
Goldfinger
Site Maintenance

Post by Goldfinger »

I'm not sure without seeing one. The schematic for the WX on CBTricks shows C185 as a cap.
wwpdx
wwpdx.com

2510gutbuster
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by 2510gutbuster »

I blows my mind, because I wanted to direct inject it and it looks like that is where I go in. Oh well I will keep looking for something that will answer this oddity lol. Thanks Goldfinger!
2510gutbuster
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by 2510gutbuster »

Made a mistake on last post, sorry I didn't mean that is where I go for direct inject, meant to say I have my concerns of direct injecting now, because of the oddity.
Goldfinger
Site Maintenance

Post by Goldfinger »

Direct inject goes in at C235.
As far as C185 goes, you could just convert the rest of the receive caps and see if there is bass in the receive. There is some possibility that C185 is omitted on that chassis.
wwpdx
wwpdx.com

2510gutbuster
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by 2510gutbuster »

I did the direct injection, The C185 I changed with a cap and the receive got knocked out, so I put a resistor back in its place. The bass level improved, so I am going to leave the rest alone. The transmit worked great though. Someday I will get to looking into why the resistor is were a cap is labeled. Thanks Goldfinger. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Goldfinger
Site Maintenance

Post by Goldfinger »

Hey, no problem. if I ever have one come across my bench, I'll make it a priority to look at that area. Happy holidays back!
wwpdx
wwpdx.com

Return to “>>> HIGH FIDELITY AUDIO Q and A <<< POST QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS HERE!”