magnum s-6

This topic is for posting general questions and answers related to the info found in the High Fidelity Audio section above to KEEP THAT FORUM CLEAN! Only instructions, diagrams and schematics will be posted in the above section. PLEASE POST All YOUR QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS RELATED TO MODS SHOWN IN THE HIGH FIDELITY AUDIO SECTION HERE!
ricky252
WWPDX MEMBER

magnum s-6

Post by ricky252 »

I have a magnum S-6 I got on a trade and thinking about direct injecting it. I did the cap changes on RX and has some good lows, RX not the best in the world but ok. Any advice on what to use for cap at injection point c191 I believe it is and what wires to remove on the echo board to disable it would be a big help. It had tr32 removed and I put it back in so as far as I can tell its back stock. Is this radio even worth messing with for hifi? Thank you...
252 in Ga.
ricky252
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by ricky252 »

I got that you have to tie the audio in and out together to bypass the echo board. I see audio-in on the schematic at cbticks but i dont see audio-out? actually on this schematic its got audio-in at j14 pin 3. then another audio-in at j1 pin 1? this j1 location has to be audio out. not sure. http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/rflimite ... ho_sch.pdf
252 in Ga.
Goldfinger
Site Maintenance

Post by Goldfinger »

Use a 2.2or 4.7uF mylar/polyester, 50 volt or better for injection.
To bypass the echo, disconnect J1, pin 1 and J2, pin 3 (should be the center conductor of two coaxes) and tie them together, isolated from the echo board. Of course if you decide to direct inject it, the echo board gets bypassed anyway. It's only necessary to disable the echo if you want bass response through the mic jack.
If you direct inject it, the radio will have flat response down to 20 hz.
wwpdx
wwpdx.com

ricky252
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by ricky252 »

Right on Thank You very much Goldfinger. Yes I will be Direct injecting it. Thats good to know I dont have to mess with the echo board, I kept reading that it had to be bypassed then that was stuck in my head. First time direct injecting a radio but I already dont like this radio the carrier is not stable, gets on my nerves. Hey Thanks again for helping a duck, have a great week.
252 in Ga.

Return to “>>> HIGH FIDELITY AUDIO Q and A <<< POST QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS HERE!”