Cobra 2000gtl Record jack , "HELP"

All things microphone related - CB mics, studio mics, equalizers, mixers, etc...
Wiring, hookup, and application assistance too!
Dirty Diaper
WWPDX MEMBER

Cobra 2000gtl Record jack , "HELP"

Post by Dirty Diaper »

I would like information as to what I need to record my Receive and Transmit audio into my laptop. I would like to use this for some videogates. I don't want to overload the computer. What type plugs do I need, etc. Thanks in advance, 21( I hope I am in the right section of the forum)
WWPDX21. One of the Hole In The wall Gang
Goldfinger
Site Maintenance

Post by Goldfinger »

The record out is a mono 1/8th inch and already has a good line level signal, so it should drive the aux. input of your sound card great. You will just need a mono to stereo adaptor to drive both channels
wwpdx
wwpdx.com

4ZERO99
WWPDX MEMBER

Re: Cobra 2000gtl Record jack , "HELP"

Post by 4ZERO99 »

Dirty Diaper wrote:I would like information as to what I need to record my Receive and Transmit audio into my laptop. I would like to use this for some videogates. I don't want to overload the computer. What type plugs do I need, etc. Thanks in advance, 21( I hope I am in the right section of the forum)
If I ever get any DX here again have had nothing for several days now and so much static, I've thought of doing the same thing, but then thought it might be much easier to just shoot some video of the radio with the audio in with it as it happens and then upload that to the computer for posting on YT or just to have it as I can always pull a mp3 off of that video.

73's
Dirty Diaper
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by Dirty Diaper »

Thanks Goldfinger, That is what I needed to know. I have always done like you have mentioned, 4zero99, but I just wanted to try something different,after about 140+ Videogates on You-Tube. I think I have the plugs,and what-not here to get-er-done. Thanks again. 21
359EasternIowa
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by 359EasternIowa »

You could probably use a double ended male 3.5mm cord (shielded cord) and hook your video recorder up to the output. This is a given, but don't forget to plug it into the external speaker port, the PA side might be a smokey ordeal.

Hope we can talk on the air 21!

WWPDX callsign 359EasternIowa
Home CH28 27.285 MHz, not trying to kick butt, just like skippin'. 10-4?
How 'bout it DX Land, 359 Eastern Iowa checkin' the mail in my mobile. If you hear a cricket, it's me.

http://www.facebook.com/359easterniowa or see your watergates at http://www.youtube.com/user/AliveByFaithInHim
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by 426 »

does your cam have a mic input I have used the audio off the aux jack into my cam before works well.
We strive to improve what others have profected!
Dirty Diaper
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by Dirty Diaper »

Thanks 359,but on the front of the Cobra 2000GTL, is a special jack made for recording the received signal, and the operators transmit audio. My Son , David sent the radio to me for a Fathers Day/Birthday present. (cheap, like his old man, one present for both, LOL) I am just using it for him,or my Grandson,until I am tired of looking at it. Or when I pass away, which ever comes first. He is too busy FRACKING to use it. He has a Cobra mobile I had set up for him in his truck, and he is happy with that. He Bow Hunts in Wv., and that is his hobby for now. 359, thanks for the reminder to use a shielded cord as well. I really appreciate the info from both of you. 21
Dirty Diaper
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by Dirty Diaper »

Sorry, 426, you snuck up on me whilst I was a ty-pen. LOL. I use one of the usb ports for the camera,but I just wanted to go from the radio, right into the mic jack on my laptop. 10-4. Hope you and your family are well, Thanks, 21 Wait, ------ after reading your answer again-- I wonder if I use the cam into the usb port, and the aux from the radio into the mic jack on the laptop, will I cause the dreaded loop,or feedback, like having an internal sound, and an external sound. Has the wheel really been invented already? LOL
359EasternIowa
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by 359EasternIowa »

Check check 21. Have fun man 8)

359 back outta the way
WWPDX callsign 359EasternIowa
Home CH28 27.285 MHz, not trying to kick butt, just like skippin'. 10-4?
How 'bout it DX Land, 359 Eastern Iowa checkin' the mail in my mobile. If you hear a cricket, it's me.

http://www.facebook.com/359easterniowa or see your watergates at http://www.youtube.com/user/AliveByFaithInHim
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by 426 »

DD
I dont think you would have a prob with feed back. the thing would be to get the 2 input levels balanced so the record levels are the same. Most feedback is caused by audio looping, by using the aux jack I dont think the cam mic would pickup anything but the room audio...but I have been wrong before.

Dirty Diaper
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by Dirty Diaper »

10-4, 426, I will try it this weekend, after going to Rat Shack, and getting the parts.
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by 426 »

Well DD how did this work out for you??
Dirty Diaper
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by Dirty Diaper »

426, thanks for asking, it worked out fine. Check out the videogates with it on the Cobra 2000, at Dirtydiaper21 on You Tube. I really think the 'gates sound better when I use the two chrome speakers with the Saturn.

Return to “Microphones & Mic Wiring”