Sure SM-58 with PTT button

All things microphone related - CB mics, studio mics, equalizers, mixers, etc...
Wiring, hookup, and application assistance too!
Rickety Bones
WWPDX MEMBER

Sure SM-58 with PTT button

Post by Rickety Bones »

I would love to find a way to make a Sure SM-58 mic have a PTT switch like the Heil mics do for a mobile Hi-Fi application Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks
556NC
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by 556NC »

This may not be relevant, i don't know much about the HI-FI stuff, but why not wire it to a foot pedal?
556nc, WWPDX 158, Out of South Central Love Just got down!

Cobra 2000 GTL
General Stonewall Jackson
Golden Nugget 5 Tuber
Dosy TC 4001 P meter
LMR400 coax and jumpers
M104C beam
Maco V5/8
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by 359 »

Don't they make a model with a switch? I thought they did.
Rickety Bones
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by Rickety Bones »

556NC wrote:This may not be relevant, i don't know much about the HI-FI stuff, but why not wire it to a foot pedal?
Hey thanks for the response, I am looking to set up a mobile type application and want to somehow make a PTT button inside of a sure SM-58.
The information included in this post was acquired from my own personal experience. Please do not use any of my information as absolute. Please ask others, and/or form your own conclusion as their are several ways to " Pluck - A - Duck ". As always, modifications done herein are done at your own risk.

ABGF! ( approved by Goldfinger )
Rickety Bones
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by Rickety Bones »

359 wrote:Don't they make a model with a switch? I thought they did.
Yes Heil makes a PTT button on a mic, but the Heil new modern technology is pretty narrow, as it was designed to be a SSB mic. I'm looking for HI-FI WIDE AM application, and the 1945 technology sure sm-58 is a really great performer.

I guess I'm gonna have to mill a spot for a switch on the side of the barrel of the SM-58.

Thanks for the response.
The information included in this post was acquired from my own personal experience. Please do not use any of my information as absolute. Please ask others, and/or form your own conclusion as their are several ways to " Pluck - A - Duck ". As always, modifications done herein are done at your own risk.

WWPDX MEMBER

Post by 359 »

No, no, the SM58s has a switch. It's listed as an on/off switch, but I'm sure it could be utilized as a PPT switch with a little creativity.
Rickety Bones
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by Rickety Bones »

I did not know that, I will have to go check that out, Thanks very much.
I guess I need to find a different supplier for my stuff, because I called and asked if they had a 58 with a on off switch, and my guy told me no.

Time to find a different music store I guess !

Thanks

WWPDX MEMBER

Post by 426 »

We strive to improve what others have profected!
Rickety Bones
WWPDX MEMBER

Post by Rickety Bones »

Thanks 426, I'm headed to the store now, Thanks again

Rick

Return to “Microphones & Mic Wiring”